Dry soup made with rescued produce
- Made from scratch
- Safe & easy to prepare – just add hot water!
These nutritious soups also reduce food waste and were developed to help reduce food insecurity globally.
Toronto-based Aangen is a non-profit that is fighting food insecurity by breaking the cycle of poverty by employing marginalized individuals in their kitchens. They receive produce that isn’t pretty enough for grocery stores from local farms and food rescue organizations to make soup.
What is unique about All Dried Up Meals?
- Designed with the needs of essential nutrition for vulnerable populations in mind
- Labelling follows the CNIB low vision guidelines (great for seniors, good for everyone)
- Packaging is easy to open for those with arthritis, joint stiffness and/or hand mobility/strength issues
- Creates local job opportunities for marginalized populations likely to experience food insecurity
Why dehydrated meals?
- Dehydration keeps the ingredients nutrient-dense, for a long time.
- Dehydrated meals are easy to make without full access to a kitchen.
Packaging: Completely compostable, easy to open & opaque to keep the soups fresh for a longer time.
- Great source of folate, fibre, iron, zinc, Vitamin A, potassium, Vitamin K, zinc. and antioxidants
- 16g of protein per serving
Ensuring food sustainability one bowl of yummy soup at a time.